Thursday 25 July 2019

MY DAILY SKINCARE ROUTINE

Well hey everybody,

I'm so happy and excited that I am finally writing a blog post that is not on any beauty box subscriptions. Don't get me wrong, I love blogging on beauty boxes (It's literally the foundation of my blog) but it can feel repetitive at times and I miss blogging on other stuff. I needed a break from writing on beauty boxes really. Plus, I've been saying for months that I would start posting other stuff as well because I have loads I want to put on here and tell you guys all about.

And the past few months I've really changed my skincare routine, introducing loads of new products into my daily routine, trying new products out, finding what I love and hate, and I finally feeling like I'm really getting there with my skin. I mean don't get me wrong I still get shitty breakouts like all the time but the appearance of my skin just looks so much better than what it was before, and it feels great too.

And to be honest I never really used to do all that much with my skin in terms of, well, looking after it really.

I do think being subscribed to so many beauty boxes has given me a lot more choices and sampling of so many products that are out there on the market. And I've found some amazing products too, some that have become real favourites, and some not so great products. But it's super fun trying new stuff out and discovering hidden gems.

So my daily skincare routine includes at least six products that I apply each morning to my face.

I only wash my face with water in the morning and do no cleansing at all. (I save this for night time) I then go straight to applying my products.

Since receiving this product in a Look Fantastic box, I've been using it ever since and I love how it gives me instant hydration. The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid drops is a non greasy formula (it's not an oil based serum) that contains vitamin B5 to help promote the growth of stronger tissue and heal dry skin and damaged areas. I'm not a skin expert by any means so a lot of ingredients do mean very little to me but I can say it definitely achieves what it preaches. It gives instant hydration both in appearance and texture. My skin feels and looks hydrated instantly. If I have any dry patches this corrects it straight away and keeps my skin hydrated afterwards. This is my first product I have tried from The Ordinary and I'm satisfied with the results, think the price point is good, and would see myself repurchasing this product again.


After I've applied my drops, I then use the Nip + Fab Dragon's Blood Fix Plumping Serum. I've tried a few skincare products from this brand and haven't really found a product that I've come to dislike. This serum contains Velvet Flower to enhance moisturisation and illuminate skin, Gransil ep-9 to absorb oil and smooth the appearance of skin, Hyaluronic Acid to hydrate and refine skin texture and Dragon's Blood from the Croton Lechleri Tree to help form a protective layer on skin and protect against environmental aggressors. This is for sure another product I will definitely be repurchasing when I run out. It makes the appearance of skin look evened, smooth, and gives it a nice healthy glow. It's great for moisturisation and really helps the rest of the products come together.


I then apply my eye products. I use an eye cooling gel and then apply an eye cream on top. The eye cooling gel is by the brand Monuskin. I've recently started popping it into the fridge, what with it being really hot lately, and it just makes it feel all the more soothing and really wakes you up first thing in the morning. A little really does go a long way too. It contains a variety of different ingredients such as Arnica Extract which helps to reduce puffiness, Vitamin C and Zinc Gluconate to aid the correction of sun damage, Sodium Hyaluronate to provide hydration, and Ginseng and Magnesium to gently relax muscles and smooth and lift.


And the eye cream is by Balanceme. Containing Cucumber Oil to help banish signs of fatigue and Hyaluronic Acid and Virgin Coconut Oil delivers intense hydration and combats dryness.


I then apply my facial sunscreen. I've been using the La Roche-Posay Anthelios Ultra Comfort Cream with SPF 50+. It's non perfumed, non oily, not sticky, and is suitable for those with sensitive skin.


The final product is a moisturiser and I've been using the Beauty-Revealing Moisturising Emulsion Aquabella. (*I've actually used two of these tubes now) Best for combination skin, this product containing White Waterlily, Natural Blur Complex, (Oat, Green Lentil, Nasturtium) and Mattifying Silica Powder it mattifies, smooths, whilst moisturising dry areas and visibly improving the skins quality.


That's the daily skin products I use in the morning.

At night time I literally cleanse my face (I do my three step cleansing if I have to remove makeup) and just use a night cream. I've not long finished the Night Renewal Complex Cream by Monuskin. It's been one of my favourite skincare brands I've been trying out recently. I would definitely repurchase this but I've actually got a few night creams to try out so I've started using the Hyaluronic Acid Vivifying Face And Eye cream by Avant. I love the smell of the product. It's hard to describe the smell but it definitely has that luxurious skincare smell to it. I've not formed a complete opinion of the product yet as I'm still in the early stages of trying it out.



I do face masks at least twice a week as well. I tend to use sheet masks the most and try different brands all the time. There isn't really a set mask I use, although I have started using the 7 Minute Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask by Bliss.


And the cleanser I'm currently using is the cleansing foam by Hungarian brand Omorovicza. I'm nearly at the end of it and do have other cleansers to start but I have received another one of these recently in a beauty box which I'm really glad about as I love this cleanser and the brand is pretty expensive too.


I do tend to use lip masks and eye gels, masks, etc as well. Again, I don't particularly tend to reach for one brand when it comes to any type of mask.

What skincare products do you use? What are your holy grails? Recent fails? Any drugstore you recommend?

Can anybody recommend any treatments for acne scarring and somebody who always gets breakouts? I looked at a chemical skin peel which is meant to be good for those with scarring and breakouts? If you've tried this treatment out please comment below your thoughts.

P.s - All of my pictures I have uploaded all have different backgrounds and that's because they were all taken at different dates and have been used for previous beauty unboxing blog posts I have published. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment