Monday 22 July 2019

LATEST IN BEAUTY - JULY'S BEAUTY PICKS

Can you believe we are nearly at the end of July? I literally say this at the end of each month but this year really is flying by quickly and I can't believe the end of the Summer is fast approaching.

I've decided at the end of this year I'm most likely going to unsubscribe to a few beauty boxes. It's just unrealistic now to be subscribed to so many given how much stuff I receive each month and struggle to get through the products. Don't get me wrong, I don't waste anything. If I can't use it myself I just donate products or give them away to family but it won't hurt to bring down the number of boxes I'm subscribed to for awhile just to give me a chance to get through current stuff.

Lately I have been going through all my beauty box cards (I do keep all these) and then going from the oldest boxes and pulling out those products to make sure they are the top priority to use up and if I think I won't, I pass them on.

But anyways, that's definitely going to happen. I have decided Latest In Beauty I'm going to stay subscribed to as I just love this particular beauty box and the way this subscription works.

And if you haven't read my previous beauty unboxing posts, I've been subscribed to LIB for some time now. My subscription packages costs £18 a month with delivery costs included and I get to choose nine products in total. LIB is a lot different to other beauty boxes because you actually get to choose your own products from a variety of different stuff. There's quite a few options you can pick from. I've never really struggled to select products and have never found they are limited in choices. The only downside with LIB is that you'll find most of their products are skincare. They do have haircare and bath products but makeup is pretty much non existent so it's not a box I would recommend if you're after makeup products more than anything else.

I do use the Garnier Micellar Water as part of my makeup removal process and saw that this month they had the Milky Micellar Water version from Garnier so I picked this out as I'm close to finishing the bottle I am currently using. It is non perfumed and says it's suitable for dry and sensitive skin. I received a 400ml bottle which says it equates to 2000 uses. And I can agree that it does last a long time and you don't need much to remove your makeup. Plus I cleanse after as well anyway.


I've never tried a product from the brand Biore before and as I use masks a lot I grabbed their Whipped Nourishing Detox Mask. It says it contains Blue Agave (Which apparently is a key ingredient in making Tequila) and Baking Soda. I have read briefly on baking soda used on the skin and some discussions says it's a big no to use on your face but some people recommend it so I don't know myself.


I do have a few different body lotions from various brands I haven't yet tried but as they're always travel size bottles I tend to get through them pretty quickly anyway so I did pick out the Nuxe Scented Body Lotion. I have tried products from this brand before and have liked each one I have tried. I'm currently coming to end of their Moisturising Emulsion. I received this body lotion in a 30ml travel sized product.


Anything from Sanctuary Spa I am just obsessed with. It's one of my favourite skincare brands and their products smell absolutely amazing. I have tried this particular product before but had to sadly through it away because I left it out without sealing the lid properly. It's their after shower Wet Skin Moisture Miracle. You just apply it to damp skin after your bath and shower, let it absorb and pat your skin down afterwards with a towel. I also have their wet skin radiance jelly in their watermelon scent and it's exactly the same kind of thing. You only need to use a small amount and it leaves your skin super soft and smelling absolutely amazing.



I've tried some of the lip masks by Pathology before but pretty sure I haven't tried their eye gel masks so I picked out the Down Time Calming Tea Infused Aromatherapy Eye Gels. I usually pop these type of gels in the fridge before using them to get that cooling and soothing affect.


I did pick out a Rice Leaven Essence Sheet Mask by Mitomo as I have never heard of the brand before but unfortunately it arrived damaged (you can see the tear in the pic) I had to throw the product away. I have had a look on their website and their masks are affordable so I will probably just go and buy some off there to try out at some point in the future.


I also picked out this vegan, cruelty free and natural plastic free Facial Cleansing Kojac Sponge by Beauty Kitchen. It's 100% percent naturally made from plant roots to gently exfoliate.


I also picked out their Hall of Fame product of the month which is the Shiseido Power Infusing Concentrate. It's a serum that is satin textured and quickly absorbs into skin to reduce fine lines and wrinkles and is formulated with exclusive technology that combines a botanical blend of Gingko, Japanese Shiso, and Aromatic Thyme that all boosts the skins natural immunity to improve texture and tone. I've never really heard of the brand before so did go and check out their products. They are definitely on the high end price spectrum. I received a 10ml sample size of this product but you can buy it in bigger sizes. I just checked it out in 50ml size from the Look Fantastic website and it's £95. The price point reminds me of the brand Avant which I have a few products of. They're ridiculously expensive too and within the same kind of price range.


The ninth product I actually forgot to snap a picture of and it's the Clinique Charcoal Face Wash for men. I've given it my OH and he's been using it. They did however throw in a free product and it's a hairspray by John Frieda. I don't use hairspray products myself and it's for blondes so I'll see if my sister wants it as she's blonde.


Latest In Beauty I definitely recommend you check out. Especially if you have been subscribed to a beauty box before and unsubscribed because you've been disappointed with the type of products you receive. You might find this particular beauty box is for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment