Thursday 29 November 2018

REVIEWING THE W7 KISS INK LIQUID LIPSTICK RANGE


I realised the other day that I haven't been blogging all that much lately and when I do it's always about the beauty boxes I'm subscribed to.

Although I love blogging about them, I really do miss blogging about other stuff and I'm not sure why I stopped as I honestly have so many products to try out and review on my blog and can easily find other stuff to blog about too.

A lifetime ago I bought some liquid lipsticks from the brand W7 to try out and review on my blog, as well as film over on my youtube channel. And a few weeks ago I did eventually get around to filming and testing them out. But then for some reason I lost half the video, tried to correct it, couldn't, so cried and gave up.

But I really want to share with you my thoughts on these and feel it's worth making a blog post about.

The liquid lipsticks I purchased are part of their Kiss Ink range which are still currently available to buy on their website.

I purchased the four shades they have which are;

Love You Long Time
Stuck On You
Infinity & Beyond
Forever And Ever

Before I go any further, I will say that the brand W7 is ridiculously cheap and they do sell a variety of makeup products you can try out, as well as some skincare stuff too. I've tried different products off them and do believe from my experience that you do get what you pay for. But some stuff is honestly really good and then there are some products that are not so good. Which to be fair, kind of applies to most brands out there.

Anway,

This is what the liquid lipsticks look like by the way. I really actually like the packaging. It didn't feel that cheap and flimsy. I liked the design of the tops as well. As for the size of these? You get 7ml worth of product in each and they retail at £5.95 each.


The thing I tend to look for in a product (Aside from the formula being the obvious) is the wand. I've tried some liquid lipsticks before and have absolutely hated the wands, be it the quality, the way they're shaped, how they bend, etc.

As for how they applied? Well beautifully actually. Like super soft and creamy. They glided on like a dream. Actually they were probably the best liquid lipsticks I've ever tried that, well, felt so good when applying.

Next, the formula... I definitely found some performed better than others. The formula was quite thin in constitency and I did have to apply layers with some of them as it was quite sheer on my lips. They looked beautiful after though. They dried down really well and felt lightweight on. I couldn't tell I had the product on at all.

I wasn't a fan of the shade Infinity & Beyond just because of the colour being a very bold pink. Although it was beautiful, it just didn't suit me at all.

There was no transfer either which is super good for any lip product in my opinion.

Now onto the negatives because there is usually always bound to be one. When it came to taking a drink of water the product literally became crumble like on my lips. Now usually I drink most fluids through a straw so it probably wouldn't have happened if I had used a straw when testing but not everybody does so I wanted to test that and see how well it lasted. Which is a really big let down of the product because although I know you're usually going to have to do a touch up if you drink quite a lot in a short period of time or have something to eat when wearing a liquid lippy it really did react at the slightest wetness of the lips.

But honestly I think they're absolute great liquid lipsticks and I will definitely wear them from time time.

Here are some swatches I did by the way



From left to right

Stuck On You
Forever & Ever
Love You Long Time
Infinity & Beyond





No comments:

Post a Comment