Thursday 18 October 2018

GLOSSYBOX UNBOXING - OCTOBERS HALLOWEEN EDITION BOX (TRICK OR TREAT?)


Well hey everybody,

So who else has finally received this month's box? And is really digging the theme of it too. 👻

I know I'm pretty late to blogging about this month's box but there did seem to be delays this month with people receiving their boxes. Plus, I do receive a lot of beauty boxes now so sometimes I find it difficult to be able to blog on each box within a quick time frame. I work long funny hours too which doesn't help. I used to aim for a minimum of one blog post a week and really hope to stick to it but it might not always be a set thing.

Anyway...

There are two different boxes people would have received for October's box, their 'Trick' box, or their 'Treat' one. The same products in each of the boxes of course, with the exception of some of the products being different shades, etc.

I was pretty impressed to see that four of the five products are full sized.

You get your usual card giving a brief description of the products, their Rrp and what size products you are receiving. I definitely think Glossybox are one of the best beauty boxes when it comes to this kind of thing.



The first product is a 12 pan eyeshadow by the brand Sleek Makeup. There are two different palettes in either box and the Treat box contained the 'Oh so special' palette. I remember receiving an eyeshadow palette by this brand in a previous box which I think may have been their valentine's edition box. I haven't tried any eyeshadow palettes by this brand and probably couldn't see myself using this for a number of reasons. One, I'm not that into the whole eyeshadow look anyway. Two, because I suck at it and have a ridiculous amount of palettes anyway that I need to use, and lastly the shades aren't all that exciting and I definitely could find most if not all of the shades in the palettes I already currently own. This is what it looks like though by the way.





Another makeup product in the box is by the brand Makeup Academy and is their 'Set & Reflect Finishing kit' I have tried products by this brand before and can tell you that if you're on a budget or just simply want to try a new makeup brand then Makeup Academy is definitely worth checking out. They're ridiculously cheap too. I bought a load of their liquid lipsticks and of course you get what you pay for the price but they're not actually all that bad. Again, I probably wouldn't use this product anyway. I definitely know there is a highlighter in the kit and I have so many that I simply don't need anymore. I think it could be a contour shade in there too and if so I'm not going to need to use that either. I haven't taken the seal off so I can show the product on my blog as I know I want to give it away so didn't want to open it.


The next product is the Illamasqua antimatter lipstick in the shade Nebula. I have heard really good things about the brand and really want to try something by them and I am definitely a lip person when it comes to makeup products so this should have really been a gold egg for me but this particular shade is not something I would wear. I'm teeth whitening at the moment too and am starting to feel more confident in wearing brighter bolder colours but this particular pink is just too bold for me and I know that it just doesn't and wouldn't suit me.




And the fourth product and the last full sized product in this box is the loose translucent powder by LunabyLuna. There was also a loose translucent powder in a previous Glossybox, although I can't remember which one. I do want to say it was their blast from the past themed box (80s 90s) but I could be wrong. I'm not a huge fan of loose setting powders just because I find they can really mattify (Is that even a word?) your look and enhance some features that are trying to be concealed. I find this definitely applies to myself anyway. I do use the powder from time to time and have a generous amount left so this will probably be another product I won't need to keep or get around to using.


And the final product and the only product that is not full sized is the 'In Transit Camera Close Up' by This Works. This is a moisturiser and primer in one. I also won't be using this just because I have enough primer's and have a moisturiser that I am happy using.


Honestly, it seems like I haven't enjoyed this month's box at all but I really do think it's one of Glossybox's best one. It's just a case of I have these products that I am still currently using, or already have more than one and I know I simply won't get through them quick enough to warrant needing more.

If you do watch my videos over on my Youtube channel too (You can find me under Josephine xoxo for those of you who don't btw) then you'll be aware that I am doing a Christmas giveaway soon and all of these items will be included in the bundle if IIdon't give some of them away to family. (I do have a sister I give stuff away too) Make sure to check out my other social media accounts, and my twitter @clownthatsmiles where I'll be hosting the giveaway November time for one lucky winner. There will be a variety of different makeup products.

And I'm just going to give you the Rrp of the products.

1. Antimatter Lipstick (Shade Nebula) - Illamasqua - Rrp £20 FULL SIZE

2. Luxe Set & Reflecting Finishing Kit - Makeup Academy - Rrp £5 FULL SIZE

3. Translucent Loose Powder - LunabyLuna Cosmetics - Rrp £17 FULL SIZE

4. In Transit Camera Close-Up - This Works - Rrp £17 20ml deluxe mini/ £35 40ml Full size - DELUXE MINI

5. Eyeshadow Palette (Oh So Special) - Sleek Makeup - Rrp £8.99 FULL SIZE

If you're a Glossybox subscriber, then what box did you receive? Did you love it, hate it? What was your favourite product?

And who else has received their Glossybox advent calendar too?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment