Tuesday 26 June 2018

REVIEWING THE BARRY M ALL NIGHT LONG FOUNDATION + PRIMER

So I've been trying out a new foundation for over the past week and as well as doing a first impressions video on my Youtube (You can find me under Josephine xoxo by the way) I wanted to let you guys know all about it on here.

And if you've watched my video, you'll know I wasn't too thrilled with the foundation to begin with but that's just a first impressions. To me, I don't feel you can give a thorough review on a product when you try it as a one time thing. With most products at least anyway, and definitely with foundations I find.

Anyway...

So after I did the video, I continued using the foundation for a week and tried different ways to apply the foundation to see if I could get it to work.

But before I get into that, I'll talk a little about the foundation and primer for those of you who may not have watched my video.

So the foundation and primer are both by the brand Barry M. They're both called All Night long and each retail for £6.99 on the Barry M website. You can also purchase these on Superdrug. The foundation is a cream stick and the primer is a stick too and you can choose between original or anti-redness. The foundation has a total of eight shades to choose from.

The foundation is meant to be a medium coverage and on the website it says it's a lightweight formula, is paraben free, and contains vitamin e for moisturisation.

The shade I purchased was Cashew and the primer I chose was original.

So this is what the packaging looks like



And this is what the sticks look like too




When I first tried the foundation, I used a blending sponge by the brand B. Cosmetics and hated it. I found it was far too firm for comfort so after I did the video I switched from the sponge to an oval brush I had. This



I found this worked perfect to blend the foundation in.

I'd definitely recommend a soft oval brush for applying cream stick foundations.

And as for the primer, I didn't think much of it either. I found I had to apply so much to even get anything on my face and I don't think it went well with the foundation either, despite it being paired with it.

Instead I used the flawless original primer (Also by Barry M) and found this went much better with the foundation than the All Night Long primer.



The reason I made these changes? I was getting some cakiness with the foundation, especially on my chin, my forehead and my cheeks. I wanted to see if I could get the foundation to work.

I applied three layers in the video and can definitely say that was a mistake. I started just applying two layers and found I was still experiencing some cakiness. Once I applied just one amount the cakiness definitely decreased in appearance. Unfortunately it wasn't as good of a coverage as I wanted.

To me, the foundation is definitely buildable as the coverage is better with more applied but sadly the foundations performance declined when I added more.

And I also complained of transfer issues in my video which I wasn't thrilled with at all. That can become messy. Once I set my look with some setting spray I did find this stopped the transfer. I was sure in my first impressions I had set my look with setting spray but maybe I didn't and that was the reason why.

It also lasted a long time as well and looked the same six hours later so I was impressed with its staying power.

However, I found I had broken out and was experiencing oiliness when wearing the foundation. I put both issues down to the products with them being the only new products I had been using and on a daily basis. I don't know if this was due to my skin feeling suffocated.

So my opinion now after having tried it some more? I feel more positive towards it and like it a lot more. It has a nice feel when applying. I'll agree it has a medium coverage. It's a good price. It lasts a long time too.

However, the downside is that I still had some cakiness. This may be just down to my skin type reacting with the foundation. It also broke me out and made me oily too.

If you've tried these products from the brand Barry M let me know what you think.









No comments:

Post a Comment