Saturday 2 June 2018

Products I am currently using

I was doing my makeup this morning, thinking about what I wanted to blog about next and I thought to myself why don't I blog about the products I am currently using, both makeup and skincare products.

I did do a blog a few months ago with my favourite and not so favourite products at that time. With new things I have been trying out and thanks to a beauty box I receive every month, I have new products I am currently using in my (Pretty much) every day life, so of course there will be different products to my last post. Just thought I'd mention that if anyone reading this post has read that previous one too.

So there are quite a few products to mention and when I grabbed everything together that I pretty much use everyday or at least frequently weekly I was actually surprised how much I use. I guess you don't really notice unless you pull everything out all at once which isn't something I do at all really.

I'll mention the products I always use whenever I do my makeup and then the skincare products I use on a frequent basis, some every day.

So the foundation I have been using for a few months is the Rimmel match perfection foundation. I really love this foundation. It has a really good coverage and looks great on my skin. The only downside is that they don't have my exact shade so the foundation is slightly dark but is workable.



For concealer I have been using the Rimmel Wake Me Up. It's not the best concealer I've tried but it's good enough for me to want to use up. I really wouldn't use it again just because I want to try one that gives better coverage and I do have a new concealer ready to try out so I'm looking forward to that.


And for contouring and highlighting I have been using the Sleek face contour kit.



The contour is slightly warm for my skin tone so I am definitely on the lookout for a cooler brown shade. The highlight is really pretty and nice and blendable. I have used these two a lot this year. For the cost, it's a great kit.

For mascara, I've been really loving the Gigi Hadid X Maybelline lash sensational mascara.


I'm told it's just repackaged of the Maybelline sensational mascara which I haven't tried but this is such a good mascara. It doesn't clump my eyelashes and it really makes them stand out. I'm hoping this is just repackaged of their lash sensational mascara as they have discontinued this collection and I could happily stick to this mascara and use it again.

I've also been using this lash primer as well by Modelco and I've been enjoying trying it out. I really do see a difference when I use this primer on my lashes. It just makes the application of mascara much easier and they seem to stand out more when I use the primer.


And onto primers, I've been using this primer by Figs & Rouge. Apart from it stinking of vinegar it's a really nice primer and makes my skin feel nice and hydrated. Does it have an impact on my makeup? To be honest, I haven't found a primer that's made me feel the wow factor and I don't really feel this has a dramatic effect but I do still use it whenever I do my makeup. Please somebody do recommend a primer that actually does something. Preferably a really hydrating one.


And onto lip products, I have one lipstick that I've been using religiously as well as a liquid lipstick.

The first is a Colourpop liquid lipstick in the shade Auto correct. I absolutely love Colourpop liquid lipsticks and think they're bloody brilliant for the price.




And for the lipstick I use in the shade 'Chauffeur' by Makeup Revolution. I absolutely love this lipstick. It's a gorgeous coppery brown. I absolutely love brown and nude shades and I've used this a fair bit.



And for my brows, I use the perfect brow kit by Etude House. I absolutely love this kit. It does exactly what I need it to (I just fill my brows in with powder and don't do anything else with them) and it cost very little too. I honestly love Korean beauty products and recommend anybody to try them.



And for my setting spray I've been using the pro fix by Makeup Revolution. The more I have used this and skipped days using it I definitely think it makes a difference to how well my makeup stays on for.



This is all the products I use whenever I do my makeup. I do own a few eyeshadow palettes but don't do my eyes all that often so I haven't bothered to include the one I tend to reach for the most. And of course I do try out different makeup products but there isn't really anything else that I use frequently.

Onto skincare products, I've been using this clay face mask lately by Innisfree and really love the product. It's really hydrating and makes my skin feel clean and nice and soft. And of course it's Korean. Seriously, they're one of the best when it comes to face masks in my opinion.


For face moisturiser, I've been using the Iceland volume water cream by The Saem. I absolutely love this moisturiser. It's really nice on my skin and instantly hydrates it. However, I tend to get little break outs when I use this. Some Korean products do sadly cause people to breakout. I am on the look out for a different moisturiser.



For body moisturiser I have been using Dove body lotion. I got this as part of a gift set for Christmas and have really enjoyed using it. It's particularly good for when I have a tan. I definitely feel it helps my tan stay fresh and last longer.



And handcream is something I use on a daily basis. I have really sensitive skin on my hands and they do get really dry. I use handcream by Garnier. They do have a few different hand creams. I do use another one too but at the moment it is this one.




And for washing my face, I use the gel to milk cleanser by Naobay. I got this in my Glossybox and this is my second bottle now. I absolutely love this cleanser. It's got a nice slight warm feel when applying it and has a thick like texture. Really feels cleansing. My face feels so clean after. At the moment I'm having no issues with this cleanser so see no need to purchase something else. Of course if I receive another in my Glossybox I will try it out.


For perfume, I have two different ones I reach for, one to wear during the day and the other in the evenings if I am doing something. The daytime, which I always use, is the Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau so fresh. To be honest, I'm not really that much of a fan of this perfume (I bought it off a relative who didn't want it when I had run out and had no time to buy one myself) and wouldn't buy this again once I've run out. It's not horrible or anything. It's just not my kind of scent and I have smelt better ones for similar prices.



And the last product I use frequently is a peppermint scrub. I bought it from a small business on eBay. I think the brand is Moments. I get really dry lips if I wear liquid lipsticks frequently so using a lip scrub with a use of a balm definitely helps them from cracking and bleeding.



Of course there are others products I use frequently like shampoo, conditioner, body washes, etc, but felt I didn't really need to include bath stuff as of course that's just something everybody uses.


No comments:

Post a Comment