Thursday 1 March 2018

Korean foundation series - Reviewing The Saem Saemmul Cover Foundation

Hey all,

I'm back again with another blog post on the Korean foundation series. This week I've been trying out The Saem 'Saemmul Cover Foundation'

The foundation comes in a 15ml squeeze tube bottle. It's an spf30 foundation and it says it is whitening, anti wrinkle, and boasts UV protection. It doesn't actually say what the coverage is but it does say it's a light weight foundation for a light fit and finish. So I think this means it's more of a natural light coverage foundation than anything else. You'll find this is the norm with most Korean foundations by the way.

There are two shades you can get which are 'Light Beige' and 'Natural Beige'

I got the lightest shade which was Light Beige, and like the other Korean foundations I've been trying lately this one is slightly dark again. I also found it did oxidise slightly so it was quite orange on me. This is what it looked like





It honestly went darker than this as well.

So this foundation does have a slight scent but, honestly, it's barely noticeable. A lot less noticable than the others I have tried anyway. The foundation comes in a small squeeze tube bottle and looks like this




I found a small amount did go quite far and you could definitely build this foundation up. It does say for a smooth coverage apply lightly and apply another layer if you want more of a coverage. This is definitely true with the more you apply. It did quite well at covering my redness and scarring. It didn't do so good on concealing any fresh spots I had but aside from that my skin looked really flawless at first.

I did use a primer and I didn't see a difference between the primed side of my face and the unprimed side. I also used a setting spray which definitely helped keep the foundation on for longer compared to one of the days I didn't use a setting spray.

So like some of the previous foundations in this series I tried out this definitely looked really great at first but after a few hours it really did decline in how well it looked. I also found it sat funny on my pores (just below my eyes) and it went really cakey on my chin and cheeks. I did find going over my foundation with a sponge helped even it out but it's not very ideal.

I also found that this foundation seemed to break me out quite a lot and I seemed to produce a lot more oil when wearing this foundation compared to the previous ones.

I would say after about four hours it starting to wear a lot and got quite cakey as well.

I wasn't a fan of this foundation for several reasons. The first being the shade range of course. Not only that but then it oxidised as well. Then of course it went really cakey on me and it's staying power wasn't all that great either.

I can definitely say this foundation really isn't ideal for dry and/or dehydrated skin. It's also not very good at concealing spots but it's not bad at covering up acne scarring and redness. It smells okay and does feel lightweight. But it may cause breakouts.

So my opinion? I definitely wouldn't use this foundation again. The negatives definitely outweighed the good things about this foundation.

Have you tried this foundation? Have you tried any products from The Saem? If so, leave a comment and let me know what you think of this foundation and what products you have tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment