Wednesday 21 February 2018

Korean foundation series - Reviewing Secret Key Miracle Fit Essence Foundation

I'm back with another blog post reviewing various foundations from different Korean beauty brands.

With this being the third one I have tried, you can expect two more blog posts on the Korean foundation series after this.

Like any foundation I try out, as long as it's not super bad on my first try I do try and wear the foundation for at least a week to get a really good test out of the product and I do try to wear the product for a minimum of six hours each day.

So the recent foundation I've been trying out has been the Miracle Fit Essence Foundation by Secret Key. It comes in a glass bottle and looks like this


You get your standard 30ml of product. Just to be aware there are only two shade ranges available for this foundation. I picked up the shade 'Light Beige' and the other shade available is 'Natural Beige' with NB being the darkest one out of the two.

They do have a concealer that goes with this and unfortunately I did not pick this product up but as this is more a foundation review I am not too bothered by this. But for your information you can pick the concealer up as well.

So as expected with this being a really limited shade range, the shade I got is slightly too dark for me. Here is what a swatch looks like




It is quite yellowy orange on my skin but isn't that bad when I apply it onto my face.  I definitely did though have to blend down into my neck and I did tend to favour higher neck tops for the week.

So the foundation does come with a pump,


which is good because apparently some foundations don't and you have to pay for them separately (Looking at you Estee Lauder double wear) which is just wow in my opinion.

I'm not a huge fan of the pump on this foundation because I just find you don't have much control of how much product comes out. It's quite stiff so when you give it a good squeeze you get a fair bit of product.

The foundation itself is really thin in consistency but seems to blend thicker when it's on the face. I have no idea if that even makes sense.

It's also definitely a buildable foundation because when I applied a second layer it did a better job at concealing scars and spots.

It's got, what I think, to be a nice smell to it. It reminds me somewhat of any Mac foundation but with a slight floral smell as well. I know not everybody likes these kind of foundation smells.

I haven't broken out since using this foundation which I should mention just because Korean foundations can tend to break out people with certain skin types.

I did use a primer and setting spray as always and honestly there was no difference in using these products or not so I ended up putting them aside after day three.

The first few days the foundation really caked up on my face, especially in areas like my chin and by my nose, and a little on my forehead.

I usually only exfoliate twice, maybe three times a week but I was doing it every night when using this foundation and did find the foundation was starting to look better towards the end of the week. I definitely recommend you exfoliate well when using this foundation if you have dry or dehydrated skin.

For the first two hours the foundation stayed on beautifully and made my skin look so flawless. Around the four hour mark it did start to cake in certain areas and fade away on my cheeks as well. It also clung really bad to any current spots I had.

From a distance my skin looked great but up close it was definitely becoming a mess.

I felt by about four hours this foundation was going from bloody great to somewhat disastrous.

I did take a brush and go over the cakey areas to try and improve my look which didn't really help.

I definitely loved this foundation. I loved how flawless it made my skin look for the first few hours. I liked how nice and easy it was to blend and that you could build it up.

As always, the shade range available isn't great. I was sad how it got really cakey quickly and there wasn't much to be done from that point on.

I wasn't a fan of the pump either. I did love the packaging and the smell.

I probably wouldn't use this just because of how cakey it went. This really was the biggest let down because I absolutely loved how it looked on before that problem started.

I try to be as honest as I can with my reviews but I don't tend to say no to recommending stuff just because what may not suit me could be absolutely fantastic for another person.

But for the above reasons I probably would not reach for this any time soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment