Friday 2 February 2018

Korean foundation series - Reviewing Skinfood white grape fresh foundation

I don't know if foundation series is the right wording but that's what I'm going to be blogging about for the next couple of weeks anyway. I have five foundations to try out from different Korean brands and will review them for a period of over a week so I hope to have one blog post up a week on each of the foundations.

I'm so excited to be finally onto blogging about these as I've had them for a few weeks now and was mad impatient to get onto testing them out. I absolutely love trying out new foundations and it's also one of my favourite things to watch from beauty gurus too.

Plus, I absolutely love Korean makeup and skin care products. There's so much stuff to try and it's super affordable as well so you can expect to see quite a few posts off me reviewing products from Korean brands.

Anyway, so the first foundation I tried out was the white grape fresh foundation from Skinfood. And this is what the packaging looks like.




The bottle does feel slightly cheap but I do like the look of the packaging itself. The bottom spins but I don't know what that's about. It also comes with a pump.




About the product - There is a really limited shade range (Like three) so it really doesn't cater for many people. The three shades available are 'Light beige' 'Skin beige' and 'Natural beige' You get your standard 30ml and it is meant to be suitable for all skin types.

I got the shade Light beige and it is slightly too dark.




It says it's a light weight foundation which I can attest to. It's definitely sheer. It feels really nice on. It honestly felt like I didn't have any product on my face. And from testing after by touching my face it felt the same way too.

So with it being light weight and sheer I don't think it's that kind of foundation that's meant to give a really good coverage. I have a lot of scarring and have recently been breaking out quite a lot. The foundation didn't do an amazing job at concealing my spots and helping to reduce the appearance of my scars but it did a damn good job at giving me a nice even complexion and did do a bang tidy job at reducing the appearance of my pores.

The foundation comes out of the pump nicely. Sometimes I find you don't have much control of how much product can come out. The foundation does have a strong perfume smell when first applying  (Almost floral) but does wear away pretty quickly.

As for how long it lasts? Well I did leave the foundation on for at least six hours. After about four hours of it being on I could see that in some places the foundation hadn't stayed in place that well. Mainly around my chin and around my jawline but then I do have a big problem with leaning my face into my hand a lot so this was probably a big factor into why.

I applied the foundation with a buffing brush from Real Techniques and found it worked perfectly fine. I didn't compare it against a sponge so I can't really say how it would have worked. On one of the days I did prime only one half of my face (Using the illuminating primer by Makeup Revolution) and I did find it looked better on with the primed side.

I also used a setting spray and found this did definitely help the foundation stay on better.

My opinion. I do really like this foundation. I loved how it felt on. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it reduced the appearance of my pores. I liked how well it did at giving me an even complexion. It didn't do a good job at concealing my scarring and spots but then I don't think this is the type of foundation for that kind of thing. It's not really for those of us who have a lot of acne. It would have also been great to see a better shade range as well.

Honestly, this is a great foundation for someone who doesn't really suffer from breakouts or have a huge amount of blemishes. If you're looking for a light weight foundation that provides a natural look then I do recommend giving this product a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment