Friday 26 January 2018

Reviewing Witch products - Do they work?

Hi everyone,

So today I'm going to be blogging about the brand Witch. They do go way back and some of you might remember their products being a really big thing years and years ago. I don't really hear anyone talk about the brand as much anymore but I came across some of their products when I was searching for some skin care products for treating the bad breakouts I've been having lately and as I haven't tried them before, I felt keen to give them a try.

I find it really hard to get rid of the spots that do tend to pop up so I'm always on the look out for new products to try. You might see me blog about similar products in the future.

I grabbed five of their products altogether (They do have a bigger range) but unfortunately I've somehow lost the concealer stick and have searched my entire bedroom for it. It's just disappeared. The other four products are their cleansing and toning wipes, blemish gel, cleansing lotion, and a blemish stick. (Just to mention as well that I have been trying them out for just over a week to get a proper use of them)



If the name doesn't give it away, all of their products contain extracts of witch hazel. Witch hazel is a natural ingredient that contains antioxidants which help to maintain normal skin renewal and encourage the nature cycle of skin replenishment, vital for when your skin is recovering from breakouts. It is also meant to help tighten and close damaged skin, helping to reduce inflammation and re-infection and encourage healing (I've taken this bit of info off their website by the way)

Their products are also all oil free and suitable for all skin types. They do say they are especially good for oily/combination skin. 

So they say the cleansing and toning wipes quickly removes makeup and dirt and cleans skin whilst tightening pores. You get your standard 25 wipes in a pack. When removing my makeup I did use my regular wipes to remove the makeup from one half of my face and then the Witch wipes on the other just to compare how well they removed my makeup. And they did the exact same as my regular ones, which are from the Simple range by the way. The only difference I found between the two was how they felt. The Simple wipes felt softer on my face and easier to glide along my skin if that makes sense. The Witch wipes were slightly more rough so I don't know how that would feel for those with super sensitive skin. It did take a little longer for the one side of my face to dry as well compared to the Simple side.



I used the cleansing lotion next with a cotton pad. I thought it was going to be like a cream because of the 'lotion' bit but it's definitely more like a toner. It did remove more dirt that the wipes didn't get to. I didn't like the feel of my face afterwards. It felt really wet and sticky and took ages again to dry naturally. Honestly, it took like a good half an hour for my skin to look normal and feel clean and soft. That might not be and huge deal for others but it bothered me.



I did try out the blemish stick and usually did it later in the evening, usually after showering. It just comes in a tube like this



It's a turn lid and to get to the product you just push up from the bottom so the stick appears.


Which is okay. But to push the bar back into place you literally have to push the product down. I hate that as the bar is quite soft as it is and I just don't feel it's all that hygienic. I don't understand why they couldn't have made it twistable or something. Here's what the actual stick bar thingy looks like so you know what I am talking about


You just apply the stick to problem areas and let it dry naturally. It has a really a strong smell and definitely dried out any spots I had.

And as for the blemish gel, I used this before bedtime as it recommended. I just dabbed the gel onto my spots and left it overnight. I think this was pretty much the same thing as the blemish stick but just in the form of a gel to leave over night.



I have been using these products for over a week now and I only kept one of my usual skin products in my daily routine which was my Naobay gel to milk cleanser which I used in the mornings. And obviously I washed my face in the evenings too.


Everything else were these four products.

My review? I definitely think the products did something. I felt my spots did get smaller and less red and the stick and blemish gel really got to work by drying my spots out. But these product do contain alcohol which is how they worked this way I think. By day four of using these products my skin had definitely got a lot more drier. It didn't look that noticeable until I put on my usual foundation and found it was clinging to so many dry patches that weren't there before. It went awful cakey too. I've also been producing a lot more oil because of the dryness so breakouts have been coming with it.

I do think my skin looks cleaner. The spots the products worked on definitely made a difference but I felt like it may have been a losing battle because as soon as it worked on the current spots, more came up because of the oils I was producing and the dryness it caused.

I would probably definitely recommend this for any of you who have really oily skin and a lot of breakouts. I do think you may get a good change but I just don't want to use products that cause the very thing they advertise to help fight. I get that when you usually try out new products you can have a big mess; You know, it gets worse before it gets better kind of thing but these products have alcohol in them so would continue to dry out my skin, thus I produce more oil leading to more breakouts.

If you're interested in trying the brand out you can get the products from Tesco, Sainsbury's, and Superdrug and they're really affordable products too.

Like I said, I definitely think they're right when they say these work best on oily skin.

If you've tried products from Witch let me know what you think of them and what products you have tried. I'd love to hear from those of you who read this. 

2 comments:

  1. Loved this post such a great review, I've never tried anything from Witch but always see them in the shops so I'll have to pick some up after reading this! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an honest review which I love. I had not heard of this brand but will keep an eye out!

    ReplyDelete