Tuesday 16 January 2018

Testing out the Makeup Revolution Retro Luxe Lip Vault set

Hey everyone,

I'm back again. I know I'm pretty late with these but I recently purchased the Retro Luxe Lip Vault set by Makeup Revolution. I have been eyeing the lip kits for a good month and then saw they had this set for half price on Tambeauty.com. Couldn't beat the price one bit.

So that's what this post will be about.

Just going to start in and say for any of you who might go look this set up, Tambeauty do ship worldwide. I don't know anything about customs and charges though as I'm from within the UK. They do stock other brands besides Makeup Revolution and they currently have a huge sale on right now. You know when you get those really crappy sales that you just think 'Really' Well this is the opposite in my opinion. A lot of stuff is half price. Though I do always say nothing is a bargain unless you actually really want the item, otherwise you've just wasted your money.

Anyway, so if anyone doesn't know about the lip kits from Makeup Revolution I can tell you that when you see the packaging you'll instantly be reminded of Kylie Cosmetics lip kits. Makeup Revolution's kits also come with a lipstick and liner and the packaging details a set of lips just minus the dripping like Kylie's. You get a total of ten lip kits in the set with five being matte, two a gloss, and the other three being metallic.

The box itself comes in a gorgeous gold metallic cover.



And the actual box that contains the lip kits has a magnetic closure. The cover just has the words Makeup Revolution in gold print and the name of the kit. (I have a fascination with the magnetic closure. So satisfying snapping it open and shut)



Anyway, when you open it you'll see on the inner cover different coloured lips for each kit and with their own names.



The top five are the names of the matte kits and the bottoms are the gloss and metallic kits.

You have two drawers that slide out super easy and can also be taken out entirely. The matte kits are in the top drawer and gloss and metallic kits are in the bottom.



The names of the matte kits are Echelon, Grandee, Noble, Duchess, and Highness



The names of the two gloss kits are Honour and Original. And the three metallic kits are Empress, Regent and In waiting.


Here are the swatches of the lip kits


From top to bottom - (Mattes) Echelon, Grandee, Noble, Duchess, and Highness. (Gloss) Honour and Original. (Metallics) Empress, Regent, and In waiting.

The second picture is exactly the same but from bottom to top nstead.



I definitely think some of the shades show up better than others and you need to apply a bit more product with some of the kits. I honestly couldn't see that much of a difference with the shades Echelon and Noble. I mean there was a difference just about but really nothing to compare.

The glosses weren't what I was expecting. I was expecting an actual gloss but I felt they were more a lip cream than anything with a slight dry finish. This I did prefer though.

The metallic shades are absolutely stunning, with Empress being more pigmented than, say, In Waiting.

With the sale price of £25 the lip kits have cost me £2.50.

At their full price of £50 the lip kits will cost you £5. That is still cheaper than their Rrp price of each kit costing £6 pounds.

I can tell you that having checked the website again the sale price is still on and the kit is still in stock. UK shipping is a stand rate of £2.95 under £30.

I can say that I am really happy with this lip set. I loved the shades and the variety and think they are definitely worth the price even at their full Rrp. You can get these kits separate if there's one particular shade that has caught your eye or you just don't want to purchase the entire kit.

They do have other shades that aren't included in the vault set as well.

If you have tried the Makeup Revolution lip kits let me know what shades you have tried and what you think. And if you have the Retro Luxe vault set let me know too what you think of the kits and what one is your favourite in the set.




7 comments:

  1. These lip kits seem such good value and the colours look so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got such an amazing deal! I'm so fussy about my lipstick shades, I wish I liked more because this set is incredible x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such good value! Not sure if I would purchase the whole set because some shades I know I just wouldn't use, but then again such good value for money - how could you not? Thanks for sharing. Love the box it comes in, too!

    Yasmin x
    The Sweet Seven Five 💗

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats such a great deal! £2.50 a lipkit?! Bargain!
    I love the revolution lip kits, i’ve found some are more pigmented than others but still fantastic and the wear time is fab!

    Heather xo || http://www.xhighlandbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow i am gonna get my hands in this stuff ! Xx TaliaPeace

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely got a good deal on these lip kits! Some of the shades look really pretty (Grandee, In Waiting) and I really need to try more from the Makeup Revolution line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colours are so pretty definitely want to try these great post 💕https://t.co/65c4cAj7vZ

      Delete