Friday 9 March 2018

Sorting through outfits for the Summer - Daytime dresses (Part 1)

Hi all,

So.....

We have had a big amount of snow over here that has lasted for the past few days and because I'm itching for some better weather (Honestly, I'm just done with the cold now) and have been really feeling impatient for the Summer to come round, I figured it was time (What with Spring now upon us) to sort through my clothes, slowly pulling Winter stuff back and bringing out my Summer stuff instead.

Okay, actually I have seperate places for each season that's already in order...ish. Kind of. But I have so many clothes, that having the room to store all of them is kind of an issue. I think I mentioned in my 'about me' post that I am seriously a massive fashion junkie and I absolutely adore clothes. Probably a bit too much but there you go.

I have slowed down buying clothes as of this year; only buying clothes I actually need. And donating a massive amount of clothes too to help with space but unfortunately I am still lacking room. I mean I have room to store clothes in boxes but I just seriously hate clothes folded away, be it a chest of drawers or boxes pushed under your bed. I think clothes can be so expensive, so I want to see them hung up and with easy access to. Plus, I think it's easier to put an outfit together when you can see what's in front of you. 

Anyway, I've gone on a massive ramble and haven't even gotten to the actual point of this post.

So I have a double wardrobe at the moment holding all of my colder weather wearing clothes and a big rail holding warmer weather stuff. Plus a few boxes of stuff and a suitcase with a bit of everything in them.

I do have this rule that if I don't wear any thing over a period of time I get rid of it no matter what. So I've been doing this thing where I try and not wear the same few outfits and I've been really enjoying wearing different outfits and getting my money worth. And this is what I plan to do again this coming Summer.

And I'm rambling again.

Basically I've been sorting through my stuff, making extra room on my Summer rail for the pieces lying around and pulling some winter stuff out of my wardrobe for some of my clothes that are in boxes and other places.

I have sorted through all of my dresses to begin with; which isn't that many for how many clothes I have but enough for the Summer I think.

I have picked about twelve Summer dresses for daytime wear and have put them on my rail ready and aim to wear them a few times this year.

I'm going to post six of the outfits here on this post and then the other six on a part 2 so this doesn't become too long like it already is.

Onto the dresses.

The first one is a gorgeous powder blue skater dress. I did wear this a few times last year and it's honestly perfect for the warm weather. It looks great with sandals, heels or even trainers. Honestly, skater dresses look great on everybody. If you don't own a skater dress I'd definitely recommend to you on buying one.






I also really love long dresses and I'm absolutely addicted to Summer clothes that are stripe designed. I also wore this dress quite a bit last summer and plan to again this summer. It's so comfortable.





And another stripey dress.




And this cute blue and white stripe dress is so gorgeous with a pair of nude court shoes or white heels. I usually have a belt with it so it doesn't look so straight if that makes sense.




Yet again another stripe design dress. (I did say I was obsessed)





And another black and white stripe dress






So that is part 1 showing six of the twelve dresses that I plan to wear this Summer. I'm sorry for the long and kind of pointless ramble but I didn't really want to just post the six dresses with little text just because it feels very not bloggy and pointless for a blog post.

I will post a part 2 with the other six dresses soon.

If anyone else does these kind of blog posts let me know because I love clothes and fashion so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment