Sunday 1 April 2018

Korean Foundation Series - Reviewing Etude House Double Lasting Foundation

Happy Easter everybody

I'm back with another blog post on (And my last) the Korean Foundation Series. This week I've been trying another foundation from the brand Etude House. If you read my Korean Foundation Series posts then you know I tested out their play 101 stick previously. This is their Double Lasting (liquid) foundation which supposedly is a dupe for the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation.

*Just to say this is not a claim made by Etude House but rather by those who have also reviewed the foundation.*


*Credit from Google images.*


Like every foundation I test out, I always wear it for at least a week if I can just so I can really try out the product. I also always 
prime one side of my face and leave the other side unprimed to see if it makes a difference with how the foundation sits. I also always try to wear the foundation for a minimum of 6 hours as well, and I usually like to try a beauty sponge and a brush to see if there is also a difference in the application by which tool you use. And finally, I also use a setting spray and try to miss one day without it to see if that also makes a difference.

You can also buy this foundation directly from the Etude House website and they do have a guide on how to find the right shade for you. Usually I buy the full size product of a foundation when I try it out just because that's what is always available but I was lucky to purchase samples of different shades because I wasn't sure on which shade I was so I haven't got the full sized product myself.

Anyway,

So a little about the foundation - it boasts a 24 hour lasting power. Though to be fair nobody is going to wear foundation straight for 24 hours so I don't know if their statement is true. But I'm assuming they mean it will last a long time with little change from the beginning of wear?

The foundation is also a spf34. The product comes in a glass bottle and you get 30g of foundation. The foundation is full coverage and they say the foundation provides the same coverage as 'double coats of a normal foundation with a single application.'

I definitely found this was a full coverage foundation and honestly a tiny tiny amount went such a long way. It did so good at covering my redness and scarring but not so great on some of my breakouts so I did apply another layer which definitely concealed my breakouts better.

The foundation does have a strong perfume smell which I found smelt really good. However, I know some people are really sensitive to perfumed foundations so this might not be for those of you who don't like that kind of foundation.

The double lasting foundation has supposedly a magnet fit effect and adheres to the skin without looking heavy or cakey.

I agree it felt very light weight on the skin but it definitely went really cakey. I've said probably in nearly every Korean Foundation Series post I have done, most of the Korean Foundations I have tried really aren't good for dry and dehydrated skin and I have found with my own reviews, it really doesn't matter how well you exfoliate and moisturise it's not the best for certain skin types.

As for how well the Double Lasting Foundation lasted? Well pretty good actually. If it wasn't for going cakey it would probably look pretty damn flawless, say, eight hours later. Places where it didn't go cakey on my face it looked pretty damn amazing that period of time later on.

I've tried the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation before and I probably wouldn't say this is a dupe. It definitely didn't act the same as the Double Wear foundation does on my skin but I will agree there was some similarities in the coverage and texture.

I also should mention that I noticed no difference in the primed and unprimed side of my face nor with using the setting spray and without. I've found this to be common in the Korean foundations I have been reviewing so I don't know if it's the products I am trying out or the type of foundations I am reviewing.

I also found a foundation brush applied the foundation better.

The shades I tried was No2 Pure which is a neutral shade. I tested this one out first which was slightly too pink so tried PO3 in the shade Light Vanilla which is a pink base. This did seem to match better but was still slightly pale.

If you've tried this foundation before let me know what you thought of it.










No comments:

Post a Comment