Wednesday 17 April 2019

GLOSSYBOX UNBOXING - APRIL'S 2019 BOX

Before I get started with the products in this month's Glossybox I just need to show you how obsessed I am with the box itself. It's definitely one I'm going to be keeping.


And actually for this month there's two different boxes you could receive, both with similar products inside (I literally think only one product was not the same in either box) one being fruity and the other floral.

The first product is a sweet summery smelling parfum by the brand Jeanne Arthes.


It blends tangerine, blackcurrant and passion fruit with delicate notes of raspberry, peach, and apple to create a fresh and feminine scent that will delight your senses.

I wouldn't have gone out of my way to purchase this myself just because the scent isn't my kind of smell but I don't necessarily hate it and will end up using it. It's a good size to pop in your handbag for work or going out and has that Summer feel to it. I'm more in love with the design on the glass bottle than anything else.

The second product is again something I wouldn't purchase myself and that's the Hair Vitamins by Hair Flick.


They are scientifically formulated to support healthy hair growth. Taking two gummies a day apparently will promote the gorgeous locks you've always dreamed of. They may even improve your skin and nails too.

Now I'm pretty sure I read that there is no actual solid proof these type of vitamins actually do much of anything and are usually full of sugars, essentially being a glorified over expensive sweet. I'm also pretty sure a healthy well balanced diet is enough in most cases and you'd have to have a really low deficiency to ever need supplements to the point usually the ones you can purchase otc are not really effective and you would need a prescription by a GP. If I'm wrong with this then do correct me. But I don't feel I would want to spend such money every month on them.

And this product I know will have definitely peeved off lots of glossy subscribers and that's the Apple and Melon shower gel (there is a different one you could have received in Raspberry and Rose water) by Original Source as I know the price point puts people off as it's easily affordable and doesn't seem like it should be in a Glossybox. I personally love shower gels and I too would hate to see them in a beauty box every month but they aren't and I love trying different ones out and usually the other products in the boxes give a higher Rrp value combined than what you pay anyway.


The next product which is another disappointment to see in this month's box and that's the Hot Pink Balm by Dr Paw Paw. I love their original balm which I use but it lasts a lifetime and I have a back up as I received another one in a different beauty box so to see another balm by them is disappointing. This one has a pink tint to it so can be used on your cheek but I'm not into blusher on the cheek much anyway and have a powder I much prefer to use.


And the last product is the Pomegranate Superfood Regenerating Sleeping Mask by Dr Botanicals.



Rich in moisturising pomegranate, it's all natural and vegan formula deeply nourishes and hydrates your skin.

They also included an extra treat - The Chai Seed & Argan Oil Hair Mask by Palmer's.


So I definitely have mixed feeling for this month's box. I expected something better. A lot of the products are not something I'm really interested in or could see myself using. But Glossybox overall is such a great box for your money and it's very rare where I receive a box I'm feeling pretty underwhelmed with.

1. You're One In A Melon - Jeanne Arthes - Rrp £20.99 (Full Size)

2. Hair Vitamins - Hairflick - Rrp £19.99 full size 1 month - (Travel Size) £4.99 1 week supply

3. Pomegranate Superfood Regenerating Sleeping Mask - Dr. Botanicals - Rrp £19 full size 50ml (Deluxe Mini) Rrp £14 30ml

4. Hot Pink Balm - Dr Paw Paw - Rrp £6.95 (Full Size)

5. Apple & Melon Shower Gel - Original Sources - Rrp £2.30 (Full Size)

Extra Treat - Natural Fusions Chia Seed & Argan Oil Hair Mask - Palmer's - Rrp £2.99 full size 69g (Deluxe Mini) £1.99 30g


1 comment:

  1. There are various types of Ulta beauty boxes available in the market. The details of these are given in this blog post for you to checkout now..Ulta Beauty Box

    ReplyDelete