Sunday 31 December 2017

Products I've liked and disliked in 2017 - Makeup Revolution, Nspa, Maybelline, The Balm...

Hey everyone,

Happy new year.

Hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas and has a great start to the new year.

It's just me and my dad for New years and as it's a quiet one for the two of us I figured why not do a post of products I've liked and disliked in 2017. It seems to be popular the past week over on YouTube and it got me thinking of what I really enjoyed and used a lot and then products I really didn't like.

Obviously the products I mention won't be everything I've tried throughout the year but it's the ones that left a more stronger opinion. They're also not necessarily products that were new in 2017; just ones that I may have tried for the first time this year or used a lot throughout the year and really liked and ones I didn't think much of.

Onto the likes...there was about eight products I really liked using (some more than others) with a mixture of makeup and skin care.

I think my absolute favourite thing I've tried for the first time this year has been the sacred spa salt and oil scrub by Nspa. I picked this up from the supermarket for £4. You get 200ml of product and the brand is vegan and cruelty free and made in the UK. It honestly cleaned and exfoliated my skin like nobody's business and I felt so soft after using it. It made me feel really clean and it smells so nice. I had been looking for a body scrub and saw the ones from the Body Shop I liked which I think were close to £30 pounds. So this is such a good value and I am definitely going to buy another one because I've now ran out.



The second product I actually wasn't so sure on when I first tried it but after really giving it ago I've really liked it and have nearly used the entire product up. It's the Strawberry black sugar mask wash off by Skinfood. I can't tell you how gorgeous the product smells. It's honestly like taking a whiff out of a jam jar and it's made with real strawberries and is jam packed with other plants and fruits and also has Strawberry seeds in the product. It's a really nice scrub and really cleansed my face. My skin felt soft and fresh afterwards. I know some people that suffer from acne say that Korean skin care products make them break out worse but I didn't find this was the case as an acne sufferer myself. You can get this for under £5 and you only need a small amount. If you use an exfoliating brush for this product it will last you a ridiculously long time as so little is needed.




The third product I liked was the blur primer by Makeup Revolution. I can't remember how much the product cost but it was definitely under £10 pounds and you get 30ml of product. I really found it improved the texture and appearance of my skin and worked quite well with a mixture of foundations and smelt really nice as well. I've nearly finished this product but am not sure if I will repurchase just because I have other primers I need to try first.



So onto makeup products I really loved the Maybelline brow satin duo pencil. I just found it really easy to use and I felt it was good value and good quality and with it being the first actual product I have made use of in learning to do my brows it's been great.



Two products I have really loved and have reached for countless times has been a lip concealer by Etude House and a dear girls lip balm by Etude House as well. I always use both of these products before applying any liquid lipsticks (Which are the main lip products I use) and have found they really help to be a good base on my lips, keep them moistured, and give a layer of protection too.





Onto the final makeup product I have liked is a really ridiculously cheap product by the brand W7. It's a bronzing face powder and is less than £3. It's nuts. I think it's meant to be a dupe for the Benefit hoola bronzing powder. It's not the greatest of products obviously but it's fantastic for the price of the product and I have used it quite a bit.




The last thing that was a new thing I tried in 2017 was a basic cleaning mat for my makeup brushes. Before I had bought this I was buying makeup brush cleaner from Estee Lauder and cleaning my brushes against kitchen towel which was quite costly. Then I used the brush mat and some baby shampoo by Johnsons and have saved myself some money. It works well and gets my brushes clean.



Onto products I didn't rate very highly was one being the falsies push up drama by Maybelline. People seemed to have raved about the mascara but I didn't find it did much for my lashes and certainly didn't make them look nice and long or volumised or anything really. It clumped really badly at first and then made my lashes look like tiny spider legs.



I also bought the brow precise fiber filler by Maybelline as well and didn't like the product either. I just felt it made my eyebrows look like two fat black slugs even when trying to blend some of the product out. This could be me not having good eyebrow skills so I will probably try and give it another go but, yeah, I didn't like it.



I also bought another really cheap product by the brand Technic. It's a smoothing face primer and, again, cost under £3 pounds. But it's just ridiculous. You open the product up and it honestly reminded me of the hand salve by Burts Bees. Just how the product felt and looked. I couldn't get to anything, couldn't put it on my face, it smelt horrible, and felt like nothing.





Another cheap item was the catwalk concealer by W7. Again really cheap but just awful shade range. I got light and I couldn't honestly use it as it's just far too dark. Product itself may have been okay but the shade range was just bad for me to even try.



I also have the Nude Tude palette by The Balm and I think it's really bad. For the price I expected super pigmentation and found very little and you don't really want to have to do a lot of build up for a product that cost a fair bit.





And finally a product that was really bad and I honestly can't find anything good about it is the fresh cup Strawberry smoothie modeling mask by Etude House. I found it was bad trying it out right from the start. I filled water up to the line as instructed and it was still really powdery and was forming a Cement like ball. I then added a little bit more water which seemed to do the trick and by the time I applied to one side of my face and went to get more product it was drying out again and adding more water didn't help the second time and just made it wet and clumpy. It didn't smell nice either and didn't make my skin feel that great. My face actually felt dirty afterwards and the product did not peel of that good either.



So that's the products I've liked and disliked this year, some great and some just terrible.

If anybody does read my post and have tried any of the above products let me know what you think. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Have a great new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment