Friday 1 December 2017

Etude House Berry Delicious Collection - New try (Korean makeup)

Hey guys,

Today I feel like doing a post on Korean makeup which, by the way, is pretty awesome.

The brand I am going to blog about is Etude House. A few months ago I got hold of some stuff from their Berry Delicious collection so feel like this is a good starting point, especially because you can still buy pieces from this collection.

Okay, so Etude House is a South Korean brand and goes really far back (Like, I didn't even know it was this far back) 1985 to be exact. EH has over 100 stores and they believe that makeup shouldn't feel like a chore but something fun to do for all women. This is why they have such awesome packaging, cute, fun, and playful; It really fits in with their philosophy. They have a website that ships internationally and a mobile app as well. You can also buy Etude House on other websites like Amazon and Ebay. I should warn you that there are a lot of fakes coming out of China for Korean Brands so unless you know a seller is selling authentic items I would really recommend buying direct off the Etude House website. They have more information on the website which is linked below

http://www.etudehouse.com/int/en/index.php/

Okay, so I have four items from the collection; an eyeshadow palette, a blusher, a liquid lipstick, and a mascara.



They have a range of different liquid lipsticks and blushers and two different eyeshadow palettes. The theme is fruity and I managed to grab all of the strawberry range. Some of the products do have a nice strawberry scent and it's a really nice pleasant smell, more natural smelling than artificial if that makes sense. The packaging is red and pink and has little strawberries on them. It's super cute packaging.

For the eyeshadow palette I have #Strawberry Fondue and it has some nice pink tones in it. There are three mattes and three shimmers. The one thing I noticed straight away when opening the palette is that the pans seem to be quite movable. I don't know if this could have been caused by transport but they're definitely not stuck in there securely.



The second thing to definitely mention is that there really doesn't seem to be that much pigmentation at all. Like, I took some on my finger and when I tried to swatch on my arm the product hardly showed at all. However, when it came to applying the product onto my eyes it did show up a lot more than I thought it would. I did try out the applicator which came with the palette and it did pick up the product well and did transfer onto my eyelid okay but I just didn't like the cheap feel of it. So I did grab one of my own eye brushes to apply and to blend. I used four of the colours just to be able to try out as many as possible. The mattes seemed to show up better and I felt like the shimmers just left fine glitter around my eyes.

For the blusher I got the shade PK001 and after the end results I probably wouldn't have got this exact shade just because I don't think it suited my skin tone. It took a lot of build up and blending to get anywhere with the product but I didn't really mind that so much just because some products like bronzer or blusher can be ridiculously pigmented and one small amount on the brush is a huge amount on your face and no matter how much blending you do its just a big mess on your face. Well, I've experienced that anyway. I didn't try the sponge that came with the blusher (Which I should have) so I can't really comment on results of application from using that.




The mascara I probably had a better time with. The wand is quite small which helped to get into the inner eyelashes and the bottom eyelashes. I found it didn't clump my eyelashes like some nightmare mascaras do but it definitely didn't make them stand out as much as I would have liked. But saying that, this has probably got to be the worst mascara I have ever tried. I can't tell you the pain I had with trying to take this off. It literally went like cement on my eyelashes and when I tried to take it off with eye wipes it actually took an amount of lashes with it. It looked fine prior to this and didn't look how it felt at all. 0/10 would not recommend this mascara.





And finally, the liquid lips juicy really showed up nicely on the lips and gave a good colour. I don't think it took much to build a good colour and it stayed on quite well after drinking.





 I did take some pictures with myself wearing the products and can only apologise at the quality of them. I had very little natural light to work with due to downcast weather and my phone quality isn't the best for taking front camera pictures (I had to work alone taking them) I also apologise about the spots on my face (I suffer from acne really bad) and if I used the smooth filter on my phone it completely looked like I wasn't wearing makeup so I had this off to get the makeup to show, hence my acne being really visible.






To be honest with this collection I wouldn't have bothered. I mean Etude House do have some great products that I have tried but I could have happily missed this collection. It hasn't changed my mind about the brand just because not every product you're always going to like but I felt like I could have gotten better elsewhere for the same price. I had fun trying these though and the packaging is super sweet but I probably wouldn't reach for these again. I can tell you the mascara will definitely be making a trip into the bin.

I would rate this a 3/10, with the mascara being the biggest factor into why I've rate it that low.

I really recommend those who haven't tried Korean makeup to go out there and have a browse. There's a ton of stuff from different brands and there really are some hidden gems out there.

Let me know if you've tried Etude House and, if so, what you've tried and loved or hated.

No comments:

Post a Comment