Thursday 14 December 2017

Glossybox unboxing - December 2017 UK box

Hey all,

Happy December. It's so close to Christmas. Yayyy. I'm so freaking excited.

I'm hoping to hear back about a job soon and I have my theory test booked for next week so two things to feel nervous about. I feel excited too; It's just failing which I don't cope with very well. So, yeah, that's probably the most interesting things that are going on in my life right now.

Anyway, so I thought I would do another post on Glossybox as December box has now arrived. We've had a bit of snow over here and if you don't know the UK, we are never prepared for snow and sub minus weather which literally means the country comes to a standstill. And that includes huge delays in deliveries. But luckily my Glossybox got here before the snow had hit.

Before I go into December's box I'm just going to go back to the previous box. I did do a post on November's box and feel like I should give another mention now that I've actually tried some of the products out.

So the Geranium and peppermint shower gel by Greenfrog Botanic I've got to say was god awful. It did absolutely nothing for me. The first thing that really got to me was the smell. There was absolutely nothing about it that smelled good. It actually reminded me of an over the counter lotion for skin treatments. You know it's there to help, not to smell good if that makes sense. I also found you needed to use a lot to get a good lather and for the price I didn't find that really appealing at all. The only thing I found good about it was that it did make my skin feel nice and soft after but then it was no better than your average shower gel in regards to that. I will say though that my opinion could be a little biased just because it says it's suitable for sensitive and dry skin, neither which I have so who knows how it is for that kind of skin type.

I also tried out the charcoal and willow bark mask sheet from Boots. I can't really say much about it expect meh. There was nothing negative about it per say, I just found there was nothing that really stood out for me either but then maybe you need to try out a couple of these masks over time to see better results. Who knows?

The lip balm by Sportfx was another thing that did absolutely nothing for me. Aside from smelling absolutely amazing, it did not help my dry and cracked lips in the slightest. There was no improvement at all.

_____________________________________

Okay, so this months box has a theme to it. The design is by Irish lifestyle brand Dusty Boy. There are five products in the box with four being full sized. And they did include some chocolates in this box as an extra thing.


There are three makeup products and the other two being a shower gel and facial cleanser.

The box came wrapped as usual but December's tissue paper was black with a gold tie. There was a card inside like the last one and gave information on December's box and the products inside. Another card also came inside the box with a discount code for other products by Dusty Boy.



The first makeup product is a 3D lash primer by Model. Co. Use before applying your mascara, it conditions lashes and thickens them for fuller and more noticeable lashes.



The second product is a gorgeous matte lipstick by LAQA & CO. The lipstick is encased in a rose gold case which I absolutely love. I'm obsessed with rose gold lately. I was sad to find the lipstick has snapped inside the case upon opening but I did manage to take a swatch of the product. It's an absolutely gorgeous shade which I think is a perfect colour for the season.






The third product is a precision tip eyeliner by Steve Laurant and is also in a gorgeous rose gold packaging. It says it is long lasting and smudge proof and waterproof. Eyeliner isn't something I'm that big into but this will definitely be given a go.




The fourth product and a bodycare one is a rich and creamy shea butter body wash by Soaper Duper. The body wash is made from natural ingredients like shea butter, vanilla pods, and moisturising monoi oil. The smell is absolute heaven. A gorgeous vanilla smell that's not too over powering. I found it lathered really nicely and left my skin cleansed and soft. However, the product was quite thin in consistency and a lot of product comes out in one small squeeze which isn't the best in my opinion for a more priced body wash.




The final product is an Equilibria Gel to milk cleanser by Naobay. It says the product transforms into a softening milk cleanser when in contact with water. I haven't tried a huge amount of cleansers so I'm definitely excited to try this.




The chocolate were the new Ferrero Rocher 'Raffaello' which I did give away because I don't like coconut tasting food.

So I'm definitely impressed again with this months box and feel like it's so much better than November's. A lot more effort seems to have gone into it and I'm really excited to try out all of the products in the box.

If you've tried Glossybox before or have this exact box let me know what you think and what products you've tried in this months box.

Happy Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment