Friday 11 January 2019

GLOSSYBOX UNBOXING - JANUARY 2019 BOX


The first beauty boxes of 2019 are finally starting to arrive and I've been waiting in anticipation to see just what we are all going to be receiving in them. I've already done an unboxing post on January's Look Fantastic box which is just before this blog post (Just an FYI ).

Every month when it comes around to beauty boxes being dispatched I'm always excited in waiting for my boxes to arrive and always get an enjoyment when I return home from work to find they have been delivered. It's like a rush honestly, haha. All jokes aside, it's nice to treat yourself and have something to look forward to.

I have real fun in blogging and letting you all know the products inside and, of course, my own views on them. I think beauty box blogging is a real fun hobby of mine and I get real enjoyment out of reviewing products on my blog and sharing that with you all.

If you frequent my blog posts, then you'll know the kind of posts I blog about and the beauty boxes I am subscribed to. I try and blog on each box I receive. It's not always possible but I always post pictures of each box on my Instagram if I can't commit to my blog (You can find me @theclownthatsmiles)

This month's Glossybox isn't my favourite beauty box by them but it's certainly got some interesting products inside. Not only that, it boasts a product with a RRp of £98 pounds 😮

And seriously, they're not fibbing. I searched up the brand myself and found that their products really do have a high price point and one that most of us really couldn't afford to splurge out on. So it's nice to have such a luxurious brand to try out.

So what is this product with a price point of £98? Well it's only the Deluxe Hyaluronic Acid Vivifying Face & Eye Cream by Avant Skincare. It will rejuvenate tired eyes, promote an even skin tone and minimise the appearance of fine lines and pesky pores. Well I can tell you for £98 pounds I expect a whole entire new face. I'm pretty curious to try this product out. For the price I would definitely be expecting positive results in using it.


Onto the next product, the Dream Blender Foundation Sponge by Maybelline. If I didn't own this myself then I would be pretty excited to try it. I love trying new blending sponges. I just keep on the look out for a blending sponge at a fair price point but one I compare to the loved Beauty Blender. Because I'm sorry but I really haven't found any that compare. There's some pretty great ones out there and ones I love but they're just not comparable. My opinion on the Dream Blender Sponge? Well, confession...I haven't actually gotten around to trying it. I know I definitely need to. I remember watching the videos of people reviewing this sponge with the maybelline dream foundation. Literally years ago.


The third product is such a meh to me. It's the Repairing Deep Conditioning Treatment by Hask. It's such a disappointment to have this product because (And just like face masks) at the moment these products are in nearly every beauty box I receive, every month. Granted they're different brands but I firmly believe hair masks are just overpriced and glorified conditioner. They're usually ridiculously expensive for the product amount and how much you need to use for the results you get. Yes, they do work and make your hair soft and silky and shiny. But so does the £2 conditioners you pick up from the supermarket. At least that is my own opinion of using them. I would honestly be more than happy to have no hair care products for awhile, especially hair masks, etc.


Another haircare product is also in this months box and one I have received quite a few times in other beauty boxes. The Rethink Dry Shampoo by Batiste. It's not that I hate it. I just have so many that I don't need any more of them. I don't use them enough to get through so quickly that I need more. Although they are supposedly good for hair that is weak, frizzy, dry, or flat. Infused with keratin, smoothing coconut, moisturising avocado, they'll refresh, repair, soften, hydrate and revive your hair.


And the final product is the Facial Micro Luffa Foaming Gel by -417.  Formulated with minerals from the dead sea, rare plant extracts and vitamins, it's invigorating formula will leave your skin feeling clean, soft and fresh. I'll definitely be trying this product out. I absolutely love trying face cleansers out. They're one of my favourite products to try.



What did everybody else think of this month's box?


1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of the -417 brand but that cleanser sounds amazing ��

    ReplyDelete